Monday, August 9, 2010

India~~ Oh Lala~~

It's been a week already I'm in India.

And my opinion on India would be....

Interesting! and trust me, India has a lot of things to offer, provided that you're an adventurous person and up to any challenges because living in India will definitely give you a whole new different experience which I find it a very good life lesson.

When I reached this place, Deralakatte, Mangalore, I took a public bus to a village of I-Don't-Know-What's-The-Name and it's very rural, remote, hot, dusty, undeveloped and red soil everywhere with goats, cows and dogs.

Trust me, I had a great culture shock. Once I reached back to my hostel, I was crying while cleaning and unpacking. Haha!

The village was one thing, the bus trip was a hell as well. It's not like Rapid KL or Intrakota (last time) where there are air-conds and the seats are comfortable. NO. The buses here are very old, rusty, crowded with people and you need a good hand-grip and body balance so you won't fall or trip due to a very fast driving on a serious, bumpy, cracked road.

But soon, I realised that my university is actually located in the middle. If I turn right, then, my destination would be that village which resembles almost like Africa or Ethiopia but, if I turn left, I would be heading to the big city of Mangalore where there are 3 big malls and one of them, called City Centre which has 7 floors. However, still can't beat Pavillion in KL. Though, it is sufficient enough for me to recover from my culture shock from that village trip. HAHA.

Food.

Food is great here. For me, who always eat tapau food and seldom eat homemade food, I adapted myself quite well with the food here. Alhamdulillah, so far, no experience of diarrhea yet even though I have already eaten Shavarma (a really tasty kebab) at a very old, not really clean stall, in front of my univ.

Everything is different here. From food, lifestyle, culture, clothing and etc. Of course this is not UK or Europe  where everything is beautiful, picturesque and civilised. This is India, the land of spices and exotic cultures :). Be optimistic and view it from a different perspective, I'm sure it will be an increadible journey ahead of you :D.

Don't worry, I'll write from time to time about my soon-to-be-awesome journey here. About the food, cultures, trends and lots more. :)

P.S. I really do feel like Ian Wright or Anthony Bourdain (from Globe Trekker and Cook's Tour repectively) in here. And so far, I like it! :)

My University, the inside looks exactly like a hospital. Each floor, 1 dental department

Me, in a shock state while on the way back to hostel from that village.

Had A great chicken shavarma at the stall. This stall is really not for those who are neat freaks.

No comments: