Friday, May 29, 2009

Guernica by Pablo Picasso


This is my favorite painting.

I guess all of my friends are not aware of this since a lot of them put Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh as my favourite painting in my facebook quiz. =.="

This painting actually depicts the war in Spain, the bombing of the Basque town of Guernica by German bombers.

What really caught my eyes though about this painting is that it has hidden images.

If you look at the painting carefully, there's a human skull somewhere around the horse body and a bull appears to gore the horse from underneath.

And other than that, you can see clearly the whole chaotic situation in the painting, a woman grieving over a dead child, a dead soldier, a person screaming. All describing the war scene.

However, I'm sure my friends who took the quiz must be curious ( at least a bit la) on how other paintings listed look like, so here they are;

1) Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh,

I like the technique used.

2) The kiss by Gustav Klimt


This painting was controversial back then as it was said to be errotic. Well, generally speaking, most of his artworks are errotic.

3) Portrait with a missing ear by Vincent Van Gogh,



He cut his own ear. Sick.

4)Self-portrait by Frida Kahlo



Tahitian beauty.

No comments: