Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It's Not Easy To Buy Presents For Guys


I've never thought that it would be very hard to buy presents for guys :s

Because usually I'd share the present with other friends and let them choose it. Me, on the other hand, just hand over the money.

So now, here comes the problem. This time around, I have to choose it myself and I have no idea what to buy *sobsob*.

I think, buying presents for girls are a lot easier because girls are easier to please. They like cute stuff, so just buy them teddy bears. If you want to score higher, get a human-sized teddy bear and she'll be happy and contented for at least the whole year (heheh).

See, world has made it easy for guys. You can never go wrong with a box of praline chocolates and a bouquet of flowers. You give that, she will love you even more (the effect is temporary though, for a more lasting effect, shower her with more gifts because it's like booster injections. The first time you get it, the effect won't last long due to few memory cells and B-lymphocytes but on the second injection, the body will produce more memory cells, thus, creating a lifetime imunity, unless of course if there are variant antigens (meaning: other guys) intrude, then you're doomed -Ok, enough with the bio crap).

Even for bffs too, girls understand girls. So they definitely know what to buy for their girl-friends.

But to buy a present for a guy is a difficult task and that's why guys hardly buy presents for their guy-friends either (Kalau western, they'll hit a pub or a strip club and get drunk. If in Malaysia, they hit mamak stalls, drink teh tarik and do a competition "who can eat the most roti canai" or simply by just kenakan the bday buddy).

Thus, with the super-advanced today's technology, I googled on "perfect gifts for guys" (I can't believe I wrote that) and to be truthful, it wasn't helping any better. C'mon, a Rolex???? I think even if I worked as a dish-washer at mamak KTT for 10 years pun belum tentu can pay the money and besides, why would I wanna give it as a present? I might as well buy it for myself right??

Of course, there are other affordable things that I can buy such as t-shirts, ties, engraved pen and blablabla but that's b-o-r-i-n-g. And I don't like to give cute little things like teddy bears either because call me conservative but I think cute things are meant for girls?? (Unless, of course if your guy-friends really like it and make a collection of it, then, that's ok).


So here I am, looking for something unique, definitely not cute (or it can be cute, but in a repulsive way) and of course, AFFORDABLE (since JPA money is not in yet :( ).

Haihh....help me :s

5 comments:

anas said...

give him something that he'll remember u~ ;)

Your Average Mat said...

dont buy ornaments or photo frames. Buy something useful. SOmething that he could use everyday. perfume ka, botol air ka,new phone ka.

raindrenchedflowers said...

Ahaha Father's day present my foot!=P

suraya said...

anas - dat would b easy, branded paper bags?? (since im a shopaholic) hehe

ur average mat - i kinda like ur ideas but new phone?? phone rumah bole la :), btw thx!

joanna - hehehehehe.

-nad26z- said...

haha..yeah2..i HAVE to agree wif u.
well.depends on who is d guy~
tgk umur jgk kot..
i was having the same prob when i want to buy something for my bro [he's 17.huhu]
nway..u'll get the hang of it..
i'll prefer to buy something that he could use..then he'll remember u more often.hehe :P
and..its nice la to see that person using the thing u buy for them ;) good luck~