Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Forgive me, non?


First of all, please accept my apology for my weeks of disappearance from blogging.

I have loads of stories need to be told yet, living in a such isolated area, away from developement and modernisation has left me with no choice but to read books 24/7 . It's not just bad net connection over there but to be able to read newspaper is a miracle.

Haha, I'm indeed a woman of excuses.

Ok, let's start off with my birthday celebration.

I have to say, I was flattered with what my friends did for my birthday because basically, I
come from a family who doesn't really celebrate birthdays or needless to say birthday surprises.

Trust me, my previous birthdays with family were well-spent at Kedai Mamak, eating Kari Kepala Ikan with no cake whatsoever and presents were given prior to my exact birth date, though I'm grateful with that, at least, they know, it's my birthday.

Like what my dad always say, " Abah dulu sambut birthday takde kek pun, kek hanye untuk budak kecik je, gula banyak, nanti diabetes pulak,".

But of course, friends are always around to celebrate my birthday especially Sarah & her gang. They never failed me with surprises. :)

However, this year, I had 2 surprises from my friends at KTT, namely, Joanna, Lynthia, Yasmin, Hanisah and Junmei. They worked really hard to surprise me and their plan almost failed because of Eric The Big Mouth.

So, during the night of my birthday;

Scene and time: Almost midnight, at the apartmen, after Ladies Night, the rest were studying;

Joanna: Suraya, tomorrow is your birtday you know.

Lynthia and Yasmin were giggling if I'm not mistaken.

Suraya: Oh, yea, I know.

Joanna: What are you going to wear tomorrow?

Suraya: Baju kurung. (sms-ing, so absent-minded).

Joanna: But it's your birthday! Don't you want to wear something special?

Suraya: Oh yea worr, I go check my closet.

So, I went to my closet, flipping my garments one by one untill...

Suraya : E eh, whose sweater is this? Tell me what love is?? (The words printed on the sweater). You guys?!

I went out of the room with the sweater, suddenly,

SURPRISE!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Suraya: O oh....

I know, not so much of expression there because my mind suddenly went blank.

Later, when the feeling finally sank in, they sang me the birthday song and they had another surprise for me which almost failed by me.

Time: Not yet 12 but very close to 12a.m.

Scene: All back to studying.Italic

Suraya: I'm going to pray now.

A sudden shocking look from Joanna. The rest I don't remember.

Suraya: What's with the face? Ok, maybe a bit later. Freaky...

Suddenly at 12 a.m. , Lynthia's phone ringing but she didnt answer it...

Suraya: OMG Lynthia, answer the damn phone!

Joanna, Lynthia and Yasmin : Suraya! Listen to Lynthia's phone!

Suraya: Ooooh, OMG....

It was a birthday song, very loud and squeky sang by Lynthia, Joanna, Yasmin, Hanisah and Junmei. Despite the off-pitched voices, I was touched by it, deeply. Hehe.

So, the other birthday surprise was done on the next day in the evening. They went to Giant when I was off to class and later, they knocked the apartment door with a surprise of KFC and a birthday cake! I mean, a real birthday cake with candles!! Thank you so much!

Not to forget, Syazana and Jixs who surprised me with pressies and of course, Farhana for bringing me out eating cakes at La Manila and last but not least, friends who wished me on the night of my birthday. And my classmates too for singing the birthday song. ;)




This one is from Syazana.




Had fun with Farhana at La Manila.


You can scroll to the previous post to see presents from my KTT friends. (Picture of the cake you can go to Little Black Book.blogspot.com). I want to put pics of us but unfortunately I didn't wear tudung that time.


And from Jixs, I got a friendship bracelet along with a card. Very nice indeed. I'll take a pic of it later.


And this one is from me to me,




Patent leather pumps, what do you think? ;p

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

surayaaaa!!!
dat day was priceless..will b stuck in my head for a long, long time:) enjoyed it as much as u did..was fun plotting, haha:)

huariyahya said...

finally, update pon!

huariyahya said...

lah... xckp pon kalo ktorg kuar ko nk ikut...