Monday, November 23, 2009

Rambling



Bored. And am missing someone quite badly.

Anyway, the Prom Night was awesome. Took a lot of pictures with my girlfriends. Hopefully we can meet again in KI. Amin. :)

Well, I am very happy with the fact that I don't have to feel nervous sitting for exam in these few months and of course, I am glad because for once after such a long time, I don't have to force myself to study and stay up until what? 1 AM? Lol, I know 1 AM mcm apela sangat but serious, when it comes to studying, normally I can't even go beyond 12 midnight! :s

It's not that I don't want to do part-time job or anything. It just that I can't work for night shifts and normally all the jobs that I like are normally hard to get.

For example, working at a boutique. I don't know where the hell they all get this stupid policy saying that girls wearing hijab are not allowed to work there. Yeah, trust me, most boutiques in Malaysia are applying that policy including some low-end clothing stores.

I wonder, what do these boutique owners think of people wearing hijab? Not stylish enough? Afraid that we might scare foreigners? Because they think we are like terrorists or something? Or is it because since we're wearing hijab, we can't speak English fluently??

C'mon la, who do you think you are man? Sometimes it's even worse when the manager actually has the gut to ask whether you can take off your hijab. Only then, you can work there. It happened to me and the manager who asked me that was actually a Muslim herself.


Haaihh, dunia O dunia.

Anyway, that's the rant of the day. Thank You for reading. Hahahaha!

5 comments:

anas said...

wow. nice dress! ^^

btw. is it really like that eh? haih. well thats kinda s*cks. looks like you hv to open your own high-end boutique and hire only hijab wearers. heh. that should open their bloody blinded eyes.

suraya said...

Thx Anas! I like dat dress too! =D

Thank God I managed to find a suitable one kalau x mmg mati kutu nak pakai ape, Lol.

Yep, it's like that. From my past xperience during SPM break la. i went to several boutiques and even this one big clothing store where msians really like to shop there pon was and stll using that policy. sobs sobs.

Yea, I guess i have to open my own boutique! Well, it's been my dream actually since like young. Hahaha. Nantila tunggu da kaye :P

-nad26z- said...

suraya~i like ur dress!~
shweeet.. ^^
o ya.ignore d part nk cari keje tu.
at some point u'll find urself busy doing things that come up all of the sudden.out of the blues they said.haha
enjoy ur hols.im on hols also ^^

Lulu said...

i really hate that kind of discrimination..
confronted one last week.
pakai tudung pun cantik ape..!
kn??
:D

suraya said...

@nad yup,yup..i shud b grateful ryte that finally i get what i want..holidays!!! Lol, mayb i shud get a hobby. Like a real hobby..like cooking or baking!! I can always do that, ryte??

@umairah tula psl, it's totally disappointing when ppl said dat to u. huhu. But nvr mind, kuatkan semangat. Gudluck in job hunting!! ^^,
Btw, yes, pakai tudung pon lawa taw *wink2*