Thursday, May 29, 2008

Study in India

As some people know it,

YES, I'm going to further my studies in India and will do Cambridge A-level at Kolej Teknologi Timur (such an ugly college. A building comprised of shophouses. *sigh sigh*).

India has never occured to me, man! I thought the worst I could get is New Zealand or Australia. How am I supposed to watch tv?? (definitely have to learn some urdu/tamil/hindustan). And they don't eat beef. So I guess there's no McD and BurgerKing ;(

However, after giving it a good thought, well, what's the worst could happen?

India has a lot to offer. It just that you must know how to explore it. Westerners are very fond of India, so why can't we be the same?

I'm sure me and Joanna can go to New Delhi by tuk tuk during weekends and I read that Connaught Place is a good place to shop. They even sell branded goods and I believe, by the large amount of allowance we will get, we can live like kings there. I'm sure shops over there are pretty much like ones in other developed countries and could be cheaper in price.

During holidays, I can go visit Taj Mahal, Bombay, Goa (beautiful beach there), Bangalore and who knows by the generosity of JPA, we will be able to save a lot of dollars and have a vacation in Nepal (shall we Joanna?). Though, one has to becareful and it is advisable to get your own private transportation because the society there likes to shove and push you around which at one point, can be fatal.

And actually, India do have 4 seasons, it's only the matter of location.

Of course, poverty is everywhere in India but I guess, that should be a good lesson for me and others to appreciate our country more. *poyo je*

Though, the vital part is, to get along with the locals there. Then, you will find the beauty of India. Usually educated Indians speak english very well. And by making friends with them, I'm sure we will not have a problem to communicate and mix with them. They can help us to find good places to eat, shop and such. Even in terms of food, we won't have a problem at all since most of them are vegetarians, so it's halal and there are muslim communities over there.

Besides that, we're not the only foreigners there. I'm sure there are many other foreign students study in India. So, make a good circle of friends over there and I'm sure you will be happy :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

after everything you wrote, nk appeal mintak tukar lagi ke?? heheheheh

JunMei said...

Hi! Thanks for dropping some comments on my blog!

Okay, so now there's some one who feels the same way as i do. India!!!(argh) KTT!!!(smacks head)

Well, i'm trying my utmost best to be optimistic as well. hehe.

Anyway, i went to KTT this afternoon to have a look at that place. Needless to say, it's..erm..horrible? Nevertheless, i think we'll all be fine as long as we have a great circle of friends. One thing for sure, don't stay back during weekends, you'll die there due to extreme boredom!

Looking forward to seeing you in KTT on the 30th!

A said...

Congrats!dpt India?Balun je la Kak Su.. :)

sindalola said...

congrats!!!