Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Bladder O Bladder!

Oh no, oh no, oh no.

This is not happening again.

"AbahWan (grandpa) cannot hold it anymore,"

"AbahWan, can you just hold it for few minutes only until Abah get back?"

My brother looked worried.

I looked terrified as the vivid memory of my grandpa accidentally shat on my foot flashed through my mind.

My grandpa couldn't sit still in the wheelchair. He kept on moving around, shaking a little bit with that painful expression on his face.

Suddenly,

"I. WANT. TO. PEE!!!"

The thing about being old is, your body system seems to act in their own way and you are no longer in control over your body. They can do whatever they want regardless where they are, including in public for example, the hospital lobby. It's like they are the boss of us.

In my grandpa's case, apparently, his bladder is the boss of him.

My brother panicked. I was even more panicked.

So eventually,

"Mum! AbahWan wants to pee, what should I do?! I don't see any nurse and I don't think he can make it to the toilet. Tell me, how???"

I called mum. When you're in trouble, you always call your mum. Mums know the best.

"OK, DON'T PANIC (typical), ask Danial to get the bidet out of his bag and give it to your grandpa, he knows what to do,"

I love my mum.

So, I turned the wheelchair, facing the organisation board of HKL and let my grandpa pee-d in peace.

Though, the ugly part is, my brother had to clean the bidet afterwards.

However, that was a good lesson for both of us. How fragile we can be when we're old.

No comments: