Saturday, June 7, 2008

A Day In Bukit Bintang

Today was tiring.

Accompanied Farhana doing her shopping spree in Bukit Bintang for her college preparation.

We've been there since 11 in the morning till almost 6 in the evening. So, painful cracked heels, muscle cramps and headache are what we get by the end of our day.

Sg. Wang was more crowded than usual due to the special appearance of Ultraman Taro maskot that, to my utter surprise, had attracted a lot of fans of all ages, ranging from 4 years old to 40 years of age. Many people lined up from the main lobby stage until God-knows-where, just to take pictures with the 5 foot-something hideous maskot in a tight suit. However, I salute the man in that very,very tight suit because I know, it must be really hard to breathe in there. If that Ultraman was the real one as in the show, probably his blue heart might be blinking red light frantically.

Farhana searched for two items, leather shoes and deodorant. Even though, it was just 2 items, but it took almost half day to find those. We roamed the whole mall like cannibals in search for the perfect leather shoes and of course, the perfect deodorant. Farhana had troubles in finding the perfect size for her two very small feet. I wanted to suggest her kids' deparment but I knew, she would take it as an insult.

At last, after hopping from one shop to another, we went back to the second shop we visited and Farhana, at last, settled with a pair of petite Mary Jane shoes. She was happy and I was much much much happier.

I, on the other hand, bought Scholl's cracked heels mosturiser as my feet hurt real bad that time. Wanted to go home but Far'sis insisted us to do more window-shopping as she and her beau wanted to watch a movie.

Therefore, from SEED to cikai shops we went.

And I managed to buy a long cradigan for Rm40! What a bargain!

Though, my shopaholic syndrome is much worse than Farhana's. If those two items took Farhana almost half day, me, on the other hand, probably might take days to find the perfect towel as I've found none today and I'm supposed to buy a towel since last weekend.

Bukit Bintang in the evening was chaotic. At 5 on the dot, a large group of teenagers, whom I believe, have identitiy crisis and hormonal imbalance, gathered around at the empty space in front of Sg. Wang and Monorail station, wasting their time, shuffling as they called it, in finding their so-called inner peace and a sense of freedom.

The monorail station was jam-packed with human creatures trying to find their way home to their nests, so, we asked Far's sis's beau to give us a lift. And he said, no hal but soon, regretted saying that because he didn't just have to send the two sisters home in Taman Melawati but moi too, in Bukit Antarabangsa. And of course, must have taken him awhile to remember the recent sharp increase in petrol price.

Anyway, thank you so much for the ride! You've just saved us from being stepped to death by overzealous people in monorail. =)



See, I told you, Farhana was happy. ;p

P/S. Ahah! For the links on Blog Circles last time (Have just erased it). Don't get me wrong. I wasn't trying to stalk and blackmail you. I put it there so that I could remember your link as I'm a big fan of your blog and as shameful as to admit, I am a computer illiterate who has just discovered the use of 'Add to Favourites'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wayyyy cool..

sounds like your shopping trip was a blast? haha

come down to singapore. we're having great singapore sale.

such a pity that i have YET to get anything from the sale...


teehee.


cheerios!