Monday, June 2, 2008

The Suke-Suke Hati Recipe

In order to test my super power cooking skills, I decided to make mashed potatoes!
*power ka?*

So, let's start the show!

Basically, I cook without following any recipe because I find it very tedious (except baking). Therefore, I couldn't tell the measurements because when I cook, I simply don't measure (well, the actual reason is I suck at maths, and I'm a pro, so why bother to measure?).

So, bak kata Goh Wen Hon, agak-agak only la. Anyway, that's what cooking all about, isn't it?

Ok, these are the main ingredients for Mashed Potatoes with Oyster Sauce White Button Mushrooms or if it is translated into french, la purée de pommes de terre avec l'huître sauce les champignons blancs . Wah! I bet you this is the longest name for a dish in french cuisine history.Hehe.


First, of course lah, you have to wash those potatoes and peel it and slice it into cubes for even heating later.

Then, boil those pototoes .

While waiting it to boil; let's indulge into this!


Lalalalalalala....after finishing a tub of that, it's time to drain those potatoes (you can try poke a potato with a fork first),
Then....erm....what ah?

Oh ya! Place those potatoes into a bowl and sprinkle black peppers and salt. Not to forget, an adequate amount of milk (best if full-fat milk) and unsalted butter (the size of a matchbox is enough for 7 potatoes) too. Reminder : Milk and butter must be at room temperature.

Now, here comes the crucial part. Mashing those potatoes!! Some people say that this is a good way to release anger, rage, tension and so on. But I don't find it that way, instead, I had troubles to mash those potatoes because I don't have the perfect device like Nigella Lawson always has, therefore, I mashed it using;

Some people, they like to add heavy cream along with butter and milk but I find it too much and fattening nonetheless.

OK, next,

The Oyster Sauce White Button Mushrooms (haihh)

Wash those mushrooms, and chop it into small pieces.

Then, pour an adequate amount of olive oil into a saucepan and later, toss all those mushrooms into it with a tablespoon of oyster sauce and sautee it till it turns slightly brown. And don't forget to sprinkle some seasonings!

After you've done sautee-ing it, just mix it with the mashed potatoes or you can just put it on top of the mashed potatoes to act as the sauce.

The outcome result!! I also fried those potato skins because it's such a waste to throw it away. Actually, here is when I realised I didn't buy BBQ sauce to eat with it. =.=.

So, as a substitute, I used,


CHILLI SAUCE

And they are;

SAY WHAT?? SAY WHAT???

H.A.O.L.I.A.O!!!!!

No comments: